Burjeel Royal Hospital's NICU department provides a high quality intensive care to all neonates from 25 weeks of gestation. It provides both medical and surgical care and is supported by a team of Neonatal Consultants, Neonatal specialists and neonatal nurses.
scope of services
- Vital Signs monitoring
- Blood glucose monitoring
- Deliver total individualized nursing care based on evidence based practices.
- Assisting Physician in diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Management of ventilated and babies on NCPAP.
- Management of babies with air leaks and chest drains.
- Management of babies receiving Heated Humidified High Flow Nasal Cannula.
- Management of babies receiving therapeutic hypothermia.
- Safe drug administration
- Intravenous therapy and cannulation.
- Safe blood transfusion
- Professional cardiorespiratory neonatal resuscitation.
- Safe and effective administration of phototherapy
- Breast feeding counselling and maternal support
- Tube feeding
- All newborns from 25 completed week's gestation to below 28 days of post-natal age.
2019. burjeel royal hospital, al ain. all right reserved, MOH Approval No. SL78916