Dr. Vikram Prabhakar
Specialist Oral and Maxillofacial surgery
MDS (Master of Dental Surgery)
English, Basic Arabic, Urdu, Hindi, Punjabi
Dr. Vikram Obtained His Masters (MDS) From Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, India in 1995.
He Has 25 Years of Experience in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Out of Which 16 Years Have Been in Full Time Teaching and Clinical Supervision of Both Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students.
He is the Only OMF Surgeon Performing Operative TMJ Arthroscopic Surgery in UAE for Management of TMJ Internal Derangements Like Jaw Locking, Clicking and Pain.
He Has Conducted and Has Been Involved in Various Research Projects and Has Presented Scientific Papers at Various National and International Platforms. He Has to His Credit Many Clinical Publications.
He is an Active Member of Many Organizations Including Cranio Maxillofacial Surgeons (AOCMF), International Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons, Assocaition of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons of India.
Area of Expertise
- Arthroscopic Management of Internal Derangements of the Temporomandibular Joints -clicking, Locking of the Mandible, Persistent Jaw Pain
- Open Temporomandibular Joint Surgical Procedures Including Ankylosis Management
- Maxillofacial Trauma Management
- Customized Allogenic Bone Grafts for Reconstruction of Atrophic Jaw Bones and Alveolar Clefts
- Management of Benign Odontogenic Cysts and Tumours of the Jaws