Dr. Sathiyan Karunanithi
MBBS, MD, FRCS
English, Hindi, Tamil, Malayalam
Subspecialty Interest: Cataract, Medical & Surgical Retina
- Dr Sathiyan has nearly 16 yrs experience in the field of Vitreoretina and cataract surgery.
- He has pioneered in the treatment of diabetic retinopathy and Age related Macular Degeneration.
- He has extensive experience in the usage of AntiVegf Intravitreal Injections in Various retinal conditions.
- He handles all complex surgical retinal conditions like advanced traction RD’s.
- He has Innovated and mastered the art of suture less Buckling and Vitrectomy surgeries – microincisional vitrectomy surgeries(MIVS).
- He is highly experienced in handling macular holes and related surgeries.
- He has mastered the art of combined cataract and vitrectomy surgeries for various conditions.
- He has done more than 25000 advanced Microincisional cataract surgeries with refractive IOL like Toric, Multifocal toric, Glued IOL, SFIOL, Cionni rings including all complex cataract Settings.
- He has enormous experience in Multimodality Retinal Imaging, laser photocoagulation , Photodynamic therapy and Retinopathy of prematurity management.
- Dr Sathiyan worked as consultant Retina & Cataract surgeon for various leading hospitals in India & UAE.
- He joined one of the leading chain of eye hospitals in India and has worked as consultant Vitreoretinal surgeon and chief medical officer .
- He has spearheaded in setting up Vitreoretina specialty in various parts in south India.
- He moved to Abu Dhabi, UAE in 2012 and worked as retina and cataract surgeon in the Center of excellence for ophthalmology, NMC eye care.
- Active member of All India ophthalmological society, Vitreo Retina society of India, European Retina Society
- Active Member Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons, Glasgow Principal investigator for Pfizer, Mumbai, Member -Independent ethics committee, Mumbai
- Advisory board committee -Allergan surgical
- He has international publications on Pseudophakic Rhegmatogenous Retinal detachment
2019. burjeel royal hospital, al ain. all right reserved, MOH Approval No. IZ27552