Dr. Ramkumar Susarla
Consultant – Plastic Surgery
CCT, FRCS, FRCS, MBBS
English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu
Dr. Ramkumar Susarla who is also known as Dr. Ram graduated in Medicine from India.
Dr. Ram trained in the United Kingdom, wherein he qualified at the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh with FRCS in General Surgery and FRCS in Plastic Surgery. Additionally, he was given the Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) for his successful completion of the National Plastic Surgery training Program in the UK.
Dr. Ram commenced his Plastic Surgery journey, working as a Senior House Officer (SHO) in the Burns & Plastic Surgery Section at the Welsh Centre for Burns & Plastic Surgery, Morriston Hospital UK, between 1999-2001.Over the next two decades he rose through various career positions as Sr House Officer, Specialist Registrar, Sr Registrar and Consultant as he worked for several leading hospitals in the National Health Service UK and in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Area of Expertise.
Multidisciplinary team management of: Head & Neck Tumours, Skin Cancer, Breast Cancer, Burns, Trauma & Bariatric Patients
- Hands Reconstruction
- Lower limb Trauma reconstruction
- Skin Cancer Reconstruction
- Head & Neck Reconstruction
- Breast Cancer Reconstruction
- Trunk & Perineal Reconstruction
- Post Bariatric Body Recontouring
- Chemical peels
- Dermabrasion for acne scars, rhinophyma and pigmentation
- Facial – Facial surgical aesthetics including fat grafting
- Torso – (Male breast) gynaecomastia correction Female: Breast augmentation, Breast reduction, Polands Syndrome Chest wall recontouring
- Abdomen: Abdominoplasty, Hernia Repairs, Liposuction, Perineum Reconstruction
- Body recontouring:
Abdnominoplasty. Corset truncoplasty, belt lipectomy, upper body lift medial thigh lift, brachioplasty, Liposuction assisted body recontouring
Skin: mole removal, contour correction
Scar revision: Using dermabrasion, lasers, RF needling chemical peels, lipomodelling, Z-plasty, skin grafting
Complex wound management:
- Diabetic foot, Venous Ulcers, Abdomen Wall Dehiscence, Sternotomy Wounds
2021. burjeel royal hospital, al ain. all right reserved, MOH Approval No. IZ27552