Dr. Mahmoud Hegab
Fellowship Of Royal College Of Glasgow - UK
Dr. Mahmoud Hegab is our new Ophthalmology Specialist with more than 15 years of experience in tertiary hospitals in Saudi Arabia. He worked as Ophthalmology Specialist in Magrabi Eye Hospitals for more than 5 years, after which he joined the King Fahd Military Hospital for 3 years. He was then associated with the Alhada Military Hospital as Senior Ophthalmology Specialist.
He has experience in managing a variety of cases in Ophthalmology, including Ophthalmic Emergencies. He has managed both anterior (phacoemulsification) and posterior segments of the eye (which includes intravitreal injections for various retinal disorders including diabetic retinopathy and retinal vein occlusion and also does vitreoretinal surgeries for advanced diabetic retinopathy).
Dr. Mahmoud graduated from Zagazig Medical School, Egypt in 2002, and then he obtained his residency training in Zagazig University Hospital Ophthalmology Department. He obtained his Master's degree in Ophthalmology in 2007 and then got his fellowship in Ophthalmology from the Royal College of Glasgow, United Kingdom in 2012
scope of services
- Phacoemulsification (cataract surgeries).
- Trabeculectomy for Glaucoma patients
- Refractive surgeries for correction of refractive errors including Lasik, Femtolasik and surface ablation surgeries
- Intravitreal injections for Retinal disorders
- Follow up and management of premature infants with Retinopathy of prematurity
- Yag and Argon laser for different ophthalmic conditions
- Pars planar vitrectomy for advanced diabetic retinopathy
2020. burjeel royal hospital, al ain. all right reserved, MOH Approval No. IZ27552