Dr. Ashraf Abdelkafy
MSc Orthopaedic Surgery and Trauma, MD Orthopaedic Surgery and Trauma
Arabic, English, German
Clinical Expertise and Services Offered:
- Arthroscopic and Knee Surgery
- Arthroscopic anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction
- Arthroscopic posterior cruciate ligament reconstruction
- Medial collateral ligament reconstruction
- Posterolateral corner reconstruction
- Anterolateral ligament reconstruction
- Arthroscopic refixation of avulsed anterior cruciate ligament
- Arthroscopic meniscal repair
- Arthroscopic meniscectomy
- Arthroscopic microfracturing
- Medial patellofemoral ligament reconstruction
- Tibial tuberosity transfer
- Arthroscopic lateral release
- Arthroscopic synovectomy (6 portals technique)
- Arthroscopic treatment of Pigmented villinodular synovitis (PVNS)
- Arthroscopic assisted internal fixation of articular knee fractures (tibial plateau fractures)
- Arthroscopic loose body removal from the knee
- Dr. Ashraf Abdelkafy has 20 years of experience in orthopedic surgery. He has a special interest and profound experience in knee surgery, arthroscopic surgery and orthopedic sports injuries.
- He obtained his MD degree from Suez Canal University, Egypt in 2008. His 1st Knee Arthroscopy Fellowship was in Vienna, Austria 2004-2005 where he spent 1 year in the arthroscopy department in Orthopedic Hospital Speising. Then he embarked on a Trauma Fellowship in BG Unfallklinik Hospital in Tuebingen, Germany in 2006. In 2008 he obtained another Knee Arthroscopy Fellowship in Kantonspital Bruderholz, Basel, Switzerland. Later he added a Knee Arthroscopy Fellowship in University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, USA in 2009. In 2012 he then completed another Knee Arthroscopy Travelling Fellowship where he visited 8 knee centers in USA, UK and France. His final Knee Fellowship was in the University of Southampton, UK in 2013.
- Dr. Ashraf is an Asst. Professor of Orthopedic Surgery in Suez Canal University, Ismailia, Egypt since January 2015 and he is very active in research with more than 20 articles published in top orthopedic scientific journals. In addition to this, he is active in organizing and participating in national and international conferences.
- Dr. Ashraf is a member of many prestigious orthopedic societies such as EOA, EGAA, ESSKA, AO and ISAKOS.
2019. burjeel royal hospital, al ain. all right reserved, MOH Approval No. SL78916